Today wasn’t a superbly creative day, other than dealing the usual work challenges. The closest I got to art was photographing the last two days of journaling and pulling together supplies for the next three days of workshops with Kelly Kilmer. Kelly is one of my favorite instructors and I have been chomping at the bit for this weekend to hurry up and get here! I will have no problem meeting my personal challenge of art every day for the next three days, which is why I’m going so easy on myself today.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
I did this spread on Day 5 and didn’t think a lot about it. Used a background I did over the weekend. Cobbled together a silly little bird I drew on a book page. Played with watercolor crayons. TA DA! This is also in the same calendar journal as featured on Day 4.
I did most of this journaling while we watched the election returns on Tuesday. I felt hope and excitement and like I can do anything…just like Twyla Tharp appears to feel in this photo from a Gap ad.
This is in the calendar journal belonging to Terry, a member of Calendargirlz.
Now I know you are going to find this shocking, but today didn’t go as well as I had hoped in the creativity department. Better than most work days, however.
There’s a client of mine, a scrapbooking store in Plymouth, Indiana, that needed a rush post card mailing to be done today. It took a while to get it all to come together, due to a number of circumstances completely beyond my control and I am about 85% pleased with the job I did. I don’t get to do print work for my clients very often, so I find it to be a nice change of pace. I had to be very creative today, believe me!
And when that was completed, another client asked for a rush job on a business card layout, so I got to do it all over again!
Now I’m going to go sit on the sofa and doodle (which I didn’t actually get to last night after all) while my awesome husband makes dinner.
I have to admit, despite my excitement to start Art Every Day Month, I wasn’t as motivated when I sat down to do art. But luckily, AEDM basically covers any form of creativity. So here are the creative things I did this weekend:
- I made a big batch of pizza sausage tonight, managing to turn $10-12 worth of meat into the makins for a total of 6 easy meals for Tim and myself. Yay! And pizza dough was on sale, so that was an extra bonus.
- Started writing a letter to my aunt.
- I created our menus for the upcoming week.
- I began planning the autumn and Christmas decorating (in my head).
- I doodled in my daily journal, setting up my November calendar page spread.
- I jotted down a couple of pages of ideas for canvases.
- When I went to look for my canvases, I realized that stepping over everything and not being able to find what I’m looking for was hindering my creativity, so I did some filing, organizing, recycling and trashing. I filed a bunch of ATCs from swaps and figured out how I’m going to handle inchies (now that I am in love with them and am compelled to make many more).
- I came up with my plan for revamping an area of my office that isn’t making me happy.
- Informed myself and my husband that my “office” is now officially my STUDIO and we will never refer to it as an office again.
And, just so this post isn’t devoid of pretty pictures, I’ve added a photo of a recent journal spread I did in an RR. I am in love with this spread and luckily, the owner of the journal in which I did it loves it too! yay!
And after I post this and finish the letter to my aunt, I am going to doodle some more.