Hello! Stop googling me to see if I died. I’m here, I’m here. 🙂
Since I last wrote here, so much has happened!
- There was Christmas, which was lovely, spent in the home of my awesome in-laws. There wasn’t enough snow for my taste, but it’s all good.
- New Year’s Eve was spent with my journal, my husband, his sister, and a trio of terrible movies, as is our annual tradition.
- Fort Collins First Friday Gallery Walk was fun and I made a few wee sales.
- I turned 43 in January. Yikes! The birthday was pretty good, although I woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning. (I wonder why…)
- Art? What art? Oh, ok, I worked on a few pieces, but nothing is finished except for this one tiny snowflake screen. I’ve had four canvases in process for the past 6 months. Maybe February will be the month to finish?!
- I am the new gallery administrator at the Poudre River Arts Center. Between that, marketing, working in my studio, working on my web design business, taking care of the house, husband and dogs, well, I’m a bit overextended. I’m working on that, but right now, I’m very tired.
- However, I am also rejuvenated! I used to find it difficult to get out of bed in the morning, but since I’ve become so involved at PRAC, my life feels meaningful again. What a concept!
As soon as I post this entry (and quickly send out a letter to my mailing list), I am going into the studio for some uninterrupted art time. Gallery Walk starts at 6, but I’m sure whatever I work on will be dry by then!!
Hi everybody — Week 2 is complete!
I did some wrecking, although not as much as I would have liked. It’s been a very busy week, so I ended up forgetting the book a lot. Now I am trying to take it with me wherever I go. I think it caught a few curious looks as it sat on the conference table at my SBDC class this morning. Today at lunch, Venita recommended a book to me and I scribbled the title on the first page so as not to forget it.
I’m kinda beat from all of the learning and working I’ve been doing this week, so I’m not going to write too much more about wrecking my journal. On a whim, I vlogged instead. Whipped open Photo Booth without giving it a second thought and created the video you see here.
This is HUGE for me because I don’t want people to see me. (Let’s not even go there, ok?) There is also a video of Doug the Dog helping me wreck my journal, recorded with the video thingie on my Palm Centro. enjoy!
I whipped this up tonight as a Christmas gift for my therapist. I woke up in the middle of the night one night this weekend, thinking that she needed a bookmark, a small little something as a token of my appreciation for all of the help she’s given me this year. I already had the painted pieces from my Lisa Englebrecht class in May and a couple of scraps. I’m extremely pleased with this piece. The stamp is a Bob Dylan quote: “I’d be lost if not for you…” and comes from the fabulous Ma Vinci’s Reliquary. The little star and circle rubons are from Heidi Grace.
I’ve been tagged by Beth and now I must to say 7 random things about myself. Since this is an art blog, I’m just doing art-related random facts. Here they are:
1. I always want to add glitter or rhinestones or sparkly brads or sparkle pen marks to my artwork.
2. Blue is my go-to color. Any blue.
3. I think Glue Dots are the best invention ever.
4. Followed closely by the Crop-a-Dile.
5. I can’t see the floor in my studio right now.
6. I am currently on a self-imposed craft supply embargo because I have more stuff than I can possibly use. But if I see cool decorative tape or pens that I need, I can’t stop myself.
7. One of my favorite albums to listen to when I am making backgrounds is the Proclaimers “Sunshine on Leith”.
Now I tag you guys:
This week seems to be devoid of the kind of creativity I was hoping to achieve each day, but I did manage to get in a bit of art/creativity despite the busy work week.
Day 10 (Monday): Played the “what-bills-can-I-pay-on-time-with-the-money-I-have-while-the-deposit-I-just-made-is-clearing” game. That is super creative, believe you me!
Day 11 (Tuesday): Worked on a logo for my friend. I want to show it here, but I don’t know that she’s ready for that. I still need to do a couple of alternate designs. This kind of work is really fun for me. I also shot the photos of my work during the weekend at the Kelly Kilmer workshops.
Day 12 (Wednesday): I went to trivia with Tim and we came in 3rd! Trivia night always requires some creative thinking!
Day 13 (Thursday): Faced with a few challenges, I managed work around it to get everything done without completely freaking out, which was a huge growth experience for me.
Day 14 (Friday): Worked on clearing up the office a bit, and began my big ole reorganization plan. I sorted beads, rhinestones, brads, eyelets, charms and MORE! I also found a whole bunch of stuff I forgot about, which could is definitely going to enhance my creativity.
Hm…am I stretching it? I feel like I’m stretching it. That’s ok, because this weekend will be jam-packed with creativity, as I have a swap deadline looming and it has to mail out by Day 21.