Today was another crazy day, as I expect the next two weeks to be, too. But I refuse to not meet my goal even though work is making it impossible for me to think of art. So, I made this card because I needed one to send to the priest I met with last week.
this is the mini composition book I carry around in my purse for jotting down ideas. I decided it needed a cover and I collaged the front and inside covers as well. I’m actually at 497.5 inches, but the meter rounds it up. still didn’t do as much as I wanted today, but I’m pleased with this little ditty.
yesterday was a Very Busy Art day.
– I did two more pages of random collage for angela’s peice. I’m not posting that because it’s very similar to those I did on Oct. 27. I have more to do on them, but they’re mostly finished, so they are going into my total inches for the month.
– I worked with the HP Creative Scrapbooking Assistant and clip art for a challenge that’s due this week. That will be finished later today.
– I started cutting up the other collages for Angela’s peice.
– I put a second layer of black gesso on the canvas.
– I did all of my pages for Stamping Book IX for
– I cleaned up the worktable and did some reading on my art lists.
not a whole lot to show for it, but a very productive day anyway. I’ll probably have few things to show for it by the end of today, though.
I went to Michael’s and bought black gesso and two canvases I thought were on sale. Not on sale, but still was needed, so took it home anyway. While Joan of Arcadia was on, I put one layer of gesso on the 24×36 canvas for my sister. I’m not taking a photo to post here nor am I counting inches toward yet. This is art prep, so it counts toward art_a_day. yay!
It was really fun to spread the gesso over the canvas. I’ve never worked on canvas before and for some reason, i’m not scared, either. I bought a small one, too, to try out another idea I have. yay! I’m getting braver and braver with every day.
Well, I did mount stamps and put together some new Stampin Up sets and tested out how everything stamps out. Does that count? It was a busy day and I was exhausted by evening and I opted to spend quality time with my sweet babboo.
was so exhausted last night, but because I made a commitment, I whipped this out. Not my best, but not my worst. 🙂
Spent all day on RSI stuff, but managed to do a few envelopes in the evening:
I designed two cards, but both are for RubberStampingIdeas.com, so I’m not posting them here. You’ll have to wait till January! 😉