…and today I have a wicked art hangover!
This past weekend, I took 5 mixed media workshops from Kelly Kilmer, who was the visiting artist at The Artists’ Nook this month. There are no words to describe how much I love Kelly’s classes and how much I get out of her workshops. Every time I take a Kelly class, I am able to play, experiment and I always get new ideas, either from her, or from expanding on something she or another student said.
This weekend’s highlights, not in any particular order:
- Seeing Kelly and learning from her. She is so creative, free and amazingly supportive.
- Getting to know Allyson better, and getting an awesome ego boost from her. *waves and paints Allyson’s hand*
- Learning more about layering and color mixing and composition.
- Realizing that some of the crazy stuff I do in my journals isn’t as crazy as I thought!
- Seeing my old pals, like Susan and Marcy and Karen and Terry, who I haven’t seen in a long time. I really admire the talent of these ladies!
- Meeting new people! Yes, I’m talking about you, you Ladies From Parker!
- Three full days of making art and playing. Heaven.
Last night, I was so amped up, I made 14 of the little paper journals while we watched tv. I love them.
I think my favorite book was the Reclaimed book. I love the idea of taking old books, gutting them, and making new pages for them.
THANK YOU SO MUCH, KELLY!
Clicking on any of the photos below should take you to my Flickr set of photos from this weekend. I should have taken more of the process, but I was too absorbed to even think of that.
|Altered Photos Revisited
|Swatches: Little Paper Books
|Reclaimed: An Altered Artist’s Book